Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

*ROCK STAR'S* @ The Plano Balloon Festival....

This year Mimi thought it would be fun to go to the annual Plano Balloon Festival! She had never been and I had never been to the actual location, just watched them float over us in the wee hours of the morning several years back. SO much fun. Well, once we got there anyways. OIY! THE TRAFFIC....UGH. HORRID. We seriously sat in the same spot on the road for 20 minutes. We decided to bypass the closest $10 parking and park on the other side of that parking area for $5! SCORE! We had to walk just a bit but it was really nice out so it was not any biggie. :)

Once we got there my friend Wendy~ who has a balloon and just so happened to be there participating in the festival~ came and got us taking us down on the field to watch the balloons up close and personal. Once I was there and I saw the CrOwD on the HiLl I was SO thankful that she was kind enough to get us down on the field with the balloons for the balloon glow. The older I get the more I absolutely don't love a crowd. Especially in hot sticky weather! :P Once the sun started going down the action started. Wendy told me when they count down for the balloon glow it's crazy....that I would never be closer to feeling like a rock star than when they count down and everyone on the hill starts taking pics and all the flashes are going off. I must say, it was pretty cool. Every bit worth the waiting 20 mins in the car in one spot and trecking through a neighborhood to get there! :)


Waiting patiently to see the balloons!


Abigail with her Mimi and Mine Mine <3


Sister just chillin' :) This girl loves anything OUTSIDE!


The lady bug balloon to the right was Abigail's favorite!


This is a shot of them "glowing" NOTE: All the flashes going off in this one.....


It was really quite breath taking


LOVE the colors in this one!!! :)


This one was going up RIGHT in front of us....SO COOL!


AAAAaaaarrrrr Matey....


THIS would be a giant purple people eater. Really disappointed it's BlURry.


a blurry self portrait...night settings + moving = blurry! :)


Another pirate balloon...


My girl <3

No comments:

Post a Comment