We invited The Pascuzzi's to go with us on our adventure! We got there around 10:15 a.m. and stayed until 3:30.....WHAT a FUN day!!!
P.J. and Katelyn ready to start their day!
Little Miss Samantha....such a cool cat! ;)
Abigail and Katelyn showing of their shades!
We started out in the children's area! First stop....the pink flamingos! I <3 PINK FLAMINGOS!!!
Abigail was fascinated with the little mice they had everywhere on the way in! They were pretty cute.
I absolutely loved these blue parrots...
Checking out some monkeys!
Hand in hand....these two are pretty fond of each other....
I love how this shot came out...there is no editing done to it at all. They are going after the bird!!!
Kangaroos...Sunbathing....
This was on the glass at the kangaroo exhibit!! OH MY!!!
TIGERS!!!
I love these little fellas too....OTTERS!!!
After all that excitement we stopped for lunch and to play with some pumpkins!
Mommies little butterfly!
Samantha slipped of to nap after lunch! :)
Then we headed over to the other side for the Giants of the Savannah exhibit!! I was so excited to see what they had done for Jenny!!! When we got there I was TOTALLY excited!!! They didn't get Jenny just one other elephant...there were FIVE OTHER elephants!!! Two of them were right there just yards from us extending their trunks up into the air grabbing hay out of the net above them. They were just MASSIVE...I was in AWE! Abigail thought it was way cool. I think she was taken at just how big they were too. Then I found out that one of them was JENNY!!! YEAY!!! My Mom would have just died if she were there....She LOVES elephants so much she collects them!
(Jenny is on the Left)
The giraffes were next! And they were right there in front of us....and the cool thing is that all the kiddos got to FEED the giraffes! They thought that it was so cool! PJ was in HEAVEN....he's so into animals and the giraffe being right there was pretty cool!
This pic makes me think of Jeffrey from Toys"R"Us. LOL
My girl has this beauty to her that takes her Mommies breath away....I love her so much....
Abigail feeding 'Jeffrey'! :)
...and then she wanted him to lick her....but the anticipation was too much for her...she'd move before the tongue could get her! HAHAHA
and here is Kelly with her littles! and PJ is such a brave little guy....Jeffrey caught him with his tongue!!! LOL He got me too and it feels a lot like sand paper. Not what I thought it'd be like at all!!!
Here's one of the cheetahs
The lions made me a bit nervous as they BOTH licked their lips while I was taking the pic!! :)
Abs on the big elephant statue....
And we ended the day with a carousel ride!
SUCH a great time!! So thankful the Pascuzzi's came along and enjoyed the day with us! It was perfect weather and there was NO ONE there! Couldn't have been better! Well....maybe if our hubby's were able to join us! ;)
And a glimps of the past....Here are a few from our trip 2 1/2 yrs ago.....
Abigail....just 6 weeks old!
Borris the Lion....
Jenny painting Mom's picture! So cool to see!!

No comments:
Post a Comment